Copying low 16 bytes of YMM register to the high 16 bytes
Robert Prins
2023-11-12 22:50:17 UTC
Or is there a way to immediately load a full YMM register with two copies of of
a 16 byte variable?

I've been looking at the various PSHUFxxx instructions, but they seem to stare
me in the face like Edgar Allan Poe's "Stolen letter"...

Thanks,

Robert
--
Robert AH Prins
robert(a)prino(d)org
Some REXX code for use on z/OS - https://prino.neocities.org/zOS/zOS-Tools.html
Branimir Maksimovic
2023-11-13 02:59:34 UTC
Post by Robert Prins
Or is there a way to immediately load a full YMM register with two copies of of
a 16 byte variable?
I've been looking at the various PSHUFxxx instructions, but they seem to stare
me in the face like Edgar Allan Poe's "Stolen letter"...
Thanks,
Robert
VBROADCASTI128 is instuction you need.
--
7-77-777, Evil Sinner!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/branimir-maksimovic-6762bbaa/
Robert Prins
2023-11-13 12:18:02 UTC
Post by Robert Prins
Or is there a way to immediately load a full YMM register with two copies of
of a 16 byte variable?
I've been looking at the various PSHUFxxx instructions, but they seem to
stare me in the face like Edgar Allan Poe's "Stolen letter"...
VBROADCASTI128 is instruction you need.
Thanks! ...but given that my program must also run on an AMD Bulldozer CPU, I'm
SOL, I'll just have to double the data I'm loading. C'est la vie.

Robert