[OT] comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 is spammed. Is there another group available ?
R.Wieser
2024-01-24 17:38:21 UTC
Hello all,

This is likely quite OT, but do not really see a better matching newsgroup
to post it in :

I've just noticed that the newsgroup "comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32"
is being spammed and doesn't have any real posts to speak of for quite some
time (3+ months).

The thing is that I still program Assembly on 32-bit XP, and would like to
be able to ask questions about, mostly, DLL function usage.

If anyone here has a suggestion toward an active newsgroup in regard to
Win32 programming I would be much obliged.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser
R.Wieser
2024-01-25 10:26:59 UTC
Post by R.Wieser
If anyone here has a suggestion toward an active newsgroup in regard to
Win32 programming I would be much obliged.
I totally forgot :

My current newsgroup server is news.eternal-september.org . It, alas,
doesn't carry the old "microsoft.public.*" newsgroups.

On the other hand, it does do a good job scrubbing spam. :-)

Regards,
Rudy Wieser
DJ Delorie
2024-01-25 18:46:19 UTC
Post by R.Wieser
I've just noticed that the newsgroup "comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32"
is being spammed and doesn't have any real posts to speak of for quite some
time (3+ months).
All the spam is from google groups, and they've announced they're
shutting GG down mid-feb. So, be patient...
R.Wieser
2024-01-25 19:36:04 UTC
DJ Delorie,
Post by DJ Delorie
All the spam is from google groups, and they've announced
they're shutting GG down mid-feb. So, be patient...
I read that that would happen, but didn't know it would be so soon.

That will at least make most of the spam disappear. I can only hope that
than the newsgroup wil get visited again by more serious posters.

If you (or others) know about another newsgroup pertaining to win32 I would
still like to know though. Backups and all that. :-)

Regards,
Rudy Wieser